Monday, September 14, 2009

Sorry, But This Is Too True

I hate being the "fuck MTV!"-guy like I was last night. Usually I enjoy watching the VMAs. MTV was ballsy in coming up with a music video award show. They had a sense of humor about it. Over the years though, MTV and the nominees have become alarmingly sincere about the whole thing. Rather than seeking critical acclaim or furthering their artistic merit via video, the "artists" have settled into making the same old bullshit dance-party-movie-shit fuckery. I don't really know how to describe it. Last night was just so unzeitgeisty but even so supposedly millions of people were twittering about Kanye's Taylor Swift diss and Lady GaGa's absurd outfits. I had to ask the same cliched question as millions of other uptight white male music conniseurs: who the fuck cares? Nirvana, and Krist Novoselic in particular actually, said it best in 93:

No comments:

Post a Comment