Saturday, September 19, 2009

Temple Towers Blues

Was this place built in a fucking day?

There's no way they spent more than a day working in each one of these rooms. Sure it looks nice but the seams between the floor panels are blistering, the paint on the walls is still tacky and our bathroom has major drainage issues.

I just took a shower and by the time I stepped out, the water was up past my ankles. Our toilet has been filled to the brim with brown shit water since Thursday. Plunging proves useless. Every time you tried to flush it literally did the opposite: a column of toilet juice would rise out of the middle.

At least I can put a hot pot on the granite (granite?!?) countertops and they wont crack or melt. But seriously, how much am I paying for those granite countertops?

-Wishing I lived off campus. But I'm glad I'm in the company of friends in 207 and 212.

Also, living on the 12th street side of the Towers has given me the inspiration for a drinking game. Twelfth street boasts a bike lane and it's extremely busy most daylight hours. I propose we sit in front of the big window in the common area and take a shot for every bike that goes by. Double shot if it's a fixie. Triple if it's someone going the wrong way.

1 comment:

  1. ha!

    thanks for linking me to this. i was still checking your pansy blog.

    ReplyDelete